there are plenty of foods you can bring!
- PB and banana sandwiches (just add sliced bananas to your peanut butter— so delicious!)
- avocado wraps (they’re easy to make, just google “avocado wrap,” and you’ll find so many different variations to try.)
- lettuce wraps (use lettuce like a tortilla, and fill it with sliced chicken (i’d recommend grilled chicken breast) and add vegetables that you like)
- salad! you can never go wrong with a fresh salad. but by that, i don’t mean just boring greens. add in tomatoes, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, cucumbers, mandarin oranges, whatever tickles your fancy. pair the salad with a nice, low-fat dressing (i like italian vinaigrette, mmm), and you’re good to go. i’d recommend using separate containers (get one of these, or use your own makeshift version) for your dressing and the salad, so that your salad doesn’t get soggy before you get to eat it.
- chicken pitas!
- other types of sandwiches: use lean ham, turkey, or tuna, with lettuce, tomatoes, and other vegetables you enjoy. you don’t have to stick to the same old boring bread either (stay away from white bread though).
aside from your “main course,” bring a piece of fruit every day (not dried fruit, that stuff’s got a lot of sugar) or maybe some yogurt or nuts (and baked chips too!)? personally, i like bringing edamame in a ziploc… it gets some comments from my friends, especially because i’m asian hahaha, but it don’t mattaaa. :)